17 September 2012

Helen Marnie' solo album (3)

Helen opened a PledgeMusic account to fund the making of a new album. The album will be "an electronic album with more of a pop element and pristine vocals". Here's the message she posted:

"Whilst Ladytron have a brief hiatus I decided to make a solo album in Reykjavik, Iceland. Beyond excited!

Dear Friends,

After 5 studio albums with Ladytron and some time on my hands between work with them, I finally decided now was the time to make an album I've always wanted to make. A solo album. I am scared, I'm nervous, but ultimately I am excited and hope you will be able to help me fulfill this dream.

For the past year I've been writing more than ever, and i'm so pleased with the results thus far. The album, as yet untitled, is straight from the heart. I can't put it any other way. It means a lot. It is me, noone else. It is everything around me, my loves, my life, hopes and loss. I wanted to create an electronic album with more of a pop element and pristine vocals. Lyrically, the album is expansive, but the Elements do play a part in much of the record, with the sea being particularly dominant and reoccurring. So, with the sea in mind and beautiful landscapes, I decided to fly to Iceland to record in a studio there. The light is so pretty, the air fresh, the sea vast, that I thought it would be the perfect setting to record.

Whatever you order, the new album will be delivered to you at the end of the campaign as a download for your mp3 players and if you have ordered anything else with it like a CD or photos then these will be sent out then too. Your cards won't be charged until the bar above hits 100%.

I will also be doing regular Updates to all pledgers with extra content and information through the course of the campaign.

I really hope you will be happy with the results. I can't wait for you all to hear. Love Marnie x".


She also posted a short video: